Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home sweet home

Well........ I'm back... and ready to blog!! Bailey also misses telling his stories to you all, so we are excited to get back into it.. especially with Halloween coming up - there should be some fun exciting stories. I'm also trying to catch up on all the blogs we follow too... we missed reading all the stories!! We've missed out on so much... corgis traveling... new additions to families.... ahhhh!!!

While I was away, I did bring Bailey's mini-me with me to guard my hotel room (hahahah just kidding), and well here's a picture of him on my hotel bed. I was contemplating taking it everywhere with me.. but well... as I was traveling on business... i thought it would just be a TAD awkward and unprofessional to carry around a stuffed dog to work...... :P

When I arrived at my mums house to pick up bailey - I think he was in disbelief it was me. My mom had to hold him back while opening the door, and well, once she let him go he gave me the most kisses he has ever given me! I must tell you that Bailey isn't the most affectionate dog to me. He never voluntarily kisses me (he does know the "kiss" command though). So.... I was so happy that he was voluntarily giving me kisses to show me he missed me. He was defintely ready to leave and get back home. So cute :)

Onto another topic... I had piles and piles of mail to pick up from the post office... and well... one of them was a lovely surprise from our buddies Bri and Sammy. We sent them a Paw it Forward package last month, and well, to thank us, Bailey and I received an awesome Omaha Nebraska postcard!!! and an edible rawhide card!!! :) Bailey was defintely more interested in the latter. Anywhoo thanks Bri and Sammy!!!!
One more thing... Bailey lost two pounds while I was gone. Not sure if it was due to stress, or well just eating less treats - but im glad. He's down to 34.6 lbs now. I took him to the park yesterday to run off all the pent up energy he had, and boy he had a great time!! I wish I had video of when we arrived at the park. He tried to zoom past two or three dogs to intitiate chasing/play and well, none of them wanted to play with him! sad.. but he was being really cute zooming back and forth!


9 comments:

Bailey and Cali - Two Pups, One Tale said...

awww yay, welcome back...Funny, I have almost the exact same stuffed dog. It looks more like my Bailey, it is black, red and white. I keep it on my dresser, but I think I will take it with me from now on too when I have to leave Bailey...
Very nice to hear that Bailey gave you such a sweet welcome.

Kelly said...

Aren't corgi kisses the best?!! Glad you two are reunited :)

Karen said...

awww he really missed you...you were gone for a long time. im so happy that you are back to blogging!! i missed hearing about you and bailey!

Karen said...

awww he really missed you...you were gone for a long time. im so happy that you are back to blogging!! i missed hearing about you and bailey!

Jenny said...

Welcome back! We've missed you & Bailey!

betty said...

welcome back!! I'm sure it was a delightful reunion with you and Bailey!! interesting he lost pounds, maybe his eyes weren't as persuasive with your mom like they might have been with you?? But always good to have a corgi at a lower weight, now you can "fatten" him up again :)

betty

Laurie said...

Welcome back!!! We missed you :)

An edible card? So cool!

Peanut said...

WOW! 34.6? Bailey doesn't look that chunky, but at least it saves his back :)! And Peanut knows the "Kiss" command to. And when I get back from anywhere, Peanut starts wagging his nubs and swaying his hips side-to- side as if it were a tail(love it!)

Peace, love and Corgis! :P

purplexllamas said...

We're so glad to have you back, Karen!!