Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

Bailey and I pledged to attend Subaru's Game Day Dog Walk Event. Basically it's a pledge to get off the couch and walk your dog on superbowl sunday.Well Bailey and I didn't really need to pledge, but in addition to taking him to the dog park this morning to meet up one of his BFF's Callie, we decide to also take a really really long walk and check out something Bailey and I have never seen...... the infamous Ingleside Terraces Sundial - ok not really famous, but a true hidden neighborhood gem - which was erected in 1913 (almost 100 years old!). I wonder if they'll have a party for it. We'd sure like to attend. :)

As I type this, it appears the Green Bay Packers have won. I don't follow much football but when asked this week at work who I was rooting for, I said Green Bay. The "Steelers" just sounded a bit.. violent and well ummm well you can see I ddin't justify it much on anything except I'm pretty superstitious and well I was making an excel chart at work and made the columns green and yellow unknowingly.. well except I liked how the colors looked on the chart. Well!!!!

Anyways, we started off this morning with a trip to the park, to meet up one of Bailey's BFF's Callie. Bailey only know a few dogs by name. Not much to report here except it was a lovely day and Bailey had so much fun with his buddy. Here are two videos of them two lovebirds (ahem i mean buddies) wrestling:




After we came home, we did some chores around the house and then well decided on our trip to the sundial. It took us a good 20 minutes to walk there, which bailey panted most of the way because today was a strange warm day in San Francisco. We broke a record high for this time of year.. I believe we hit 76! It was 69 indoors all day that that was enough for us both to whip out our shorts. So we ventured out on our walk. Whenever I change out of my PJ's into  "outdoor" clothing, bailey paces and whines - because he KNOWs I am going somewhere. He doesnt know if its with or without him, but he gets excited. He was of course happy to find out he was coming along. 

When we made it there, we were greeted by 5 teenage sunbathers who took spot right on the base of the sundial. oh great. chatting away about this and that... hahaa anyways, bailey and i made it over to one hte benches where i whipped out my camera and started taking pics of bailey and the sundial. Here are some of them. We sure hope you enjoy them!
Bailey the Corgi and the Sundial

a daisy i picked

and then proceeded to "plant" on bailey's forehead

watching the sunbathers

hanging out



Next time, we'll get pictures on the base of it!!!! Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Bailey is such a good model!!!