Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Corgis.... in books!

I thought I'd share with you a couple of my favorite corgi books. I had a gift card in my hands and I couldn't decide what I wanted. I bought these books and a corgi stamp (that i used in the card I made for Jenny & Bri - maybe they can share what that looks like because I can't seem to find it right now to take a picture of it). Anywhoo, I love corgi-related/themed items.. hmm I wonder why...

1. Corgis! by Colette Anjou/Evie Anderson

We bought this book maybe over a year ago, and I just crack up looking at the pictures. Everything is just so cutely illustrated. there is no storyline, but the pictures are just fabulous to admire! There are over 20+ drawings of corgis in various scenes, and my favorite happens to be this "Corgi Aerobics Class". I can't stop but chuckle at the little corgi in the bottom left hand corner munching on the cookie next to the stereo. How hilarious... I can imagine Bailey doing the same. I don't want to spoil the contents of this book, but its a must get for any corgi lover. Anywhoo I just looked it up on Amazon and they only have 1 left in stock!!!!!!!

see the little stinker with a cookie?


they ride horses!

see the poor little guy on the right with his butt in the air?



Very cute book. I will eventually buy more of Tasha's books but am waiting, since I don't have kids and well, theres really no one to read to? It's a great book otherwise, LOADED with corgis! Heres what reads on the inside flap:
"In Corgiville, as in many small towns all over America, the biggest event of the year is the fair. And the most exciting thing at the Corgiville Fair is the goat race. Caleb Corgi has spent months training his goat, Josephine, for hte big event. but Edgar Tomcat's goat is fast, too, and Caleb knows that Edgar is not above indulging in some dirty tricks in order to win. The sights, sounds, smells,a dn all the fun and excitement of a typical small-town fairare captured with humor and affection both in the text and in hte marvelously detailed watercolor paintings. Tasha Tudor, one of Amerca's most beloved author-artists, has here created her most original work, a masterpiece of gentle satire, a loving observation of a particular segment of rural American life couched in terms of a rollicking story and superb illustrations".



On a happy but unhappy note, I will be out of the country beginning this Saturday for three weeks for work, so I will miss you all! :) Bailey will be in great hands with his grandma (hahaha my mom gets mad when I say that ). Anyways, we will pick up blogging when I return in mid -October. Bailey will have a great time there, and yes, I have warned my mom that he better not be 10 pounds heavier when I get back!!! hahaahah

5 comments:

Laurie said...

These books are so cute! I love the corgi aerobics class hahaha.

Awww we will miss you!!

betty said...

safe travels! long time you'll be gone from Bailey; I know you guys will miss each other, but I'm sure he is in very capable hands! all cute corgi books; I didn't know there were so many out there! lots of people like these furry creatures of ours!

betty

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing! Those look like great books. I might have to get those as gifts for the holidays!

Have a good trip! I know how much you'll miss Bailey and we'll miss reading about him for a little while. Safe travels!

BTW, the Paw it Forward blog is up!! :)

Karen and Bailey said...

Thanks guys!!!!!!! Maybe I'll make one more post. but well see. my camera is being sent in to the factory AGAIN for repair. ARGH

Karen said...

how cute i didnt know there was corgi books!!! thanks for sharing :)