Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. It's been a bit wet and cold around here, so there hasn't been much adventure. We've been playing a lot of ball at home, and well, bailey gets tired from that as you can see from the picture. It also looks like he's gained a few pounds since last week but I think its the angle since he still has a waistline haha. So, we spent thanksgiving over at my aunt's house - with all the family and cousins and boy was it noisy. I came down with the case of allergies and I just couldn't function on thanksgiving day. I was sneezing all day and blowing my nose. It did get a little better later on, but I was still so ready to go home. Bailey was too because we had him tied to the dining room table almost the entire time. But, we did have a great BBQ while the sun was out, and it was good family time. I hope everyone had a great day with their families as well.


I had also bought a can of the new Wellness canned stews for Bailey's dinner - which he loved by the way, he kept licking his bowl like more would appear. I forgot to bring it to our thanksgiving bash, so I ended up feeding it to him the next day. Of course, he didn't seemt o mind. Anywhoo, It's their turkey stew, and I just topped it over half of his regular kibble. 





Here's Bailey obeying the "wait" command before he chows down. :)
 Moving on.... About a week prior, I went in for allergy testing to see what exactly it was that I was allergic too. They poked my on my arm eight times to test several antigens... dogs, cats, pollens, molds, and dust mites. Plus they had a positive and negative control to ensure they were reading the reactions correctly. While I sat in the waiting room watching a video on how to encase my mattress to avoid dust mites.... I didn't see much grow on my arm in the next 20 minutes. So, after that they measured my bumps and said I wasn't officially allergic to anything. Oh geez. That just isn't right. I get allergies all the time. So while I was waiting to see the doctor, the nurse said ohh whats #5 (they labeled all the pokes 1-10 on my arm), and she wanted to measure that bump again because it was just a tad bigger than the others (even though it was still too minimal to be called an allergy). And guess what #5 was. Dogs. HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh i could've just dropped on hte floor laughing. My allergist didn't seem to think it was such a big thought since she was probably thinking  "its just a dog". She later advised me to bathe him once a week and to.... KEEEP HIM OUT OF THE BEDROOM. oh geez like i am going to do that. At that point, i knew she didn't have a dog because who in their right mind with a dog in the family would say that!!!! Well, Bailey isn't being kept out of the bedroom, but I will keep him off of my bed (that won't be too much of a problem becuase he's normally not allowed anyways). So. long story short it appears that if im allergic to anything, its dogs. hahahahahaha funny! she prescribed some nasal spray for my symptoms and off I went. There are no dogs at work and I sneeze all day sometimes, and theres no dogs in my closet and when I'm cleaning it out I tend to get allergy attacks. and heck even before i got a dog i would have allergy attacks from vacuuming (back in the day when they didint have hepa filters)... soo..... even though she says the test is VERY accurate... I uhhhh want a re-test!

4 comments:

Karen said...

its okay, im a little allergic to dogs too!! if they scratch me or touch my somewhere im not use to them i get red, itchy and break out in hives. i always have a runny nose from allergies so i guess its just a sacrifice we have to make :(

betty said...

that is interesting about being allergic to dogs, go figure! I'm thinking a bath a week? That wouldn't go over well here in our household :)

sounds like it was a nice Thanksgiving and that stew sounded like a great treat for Bailey

love your new blog header!

betty

Laurie said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving! I will post about ours soon :)

I think I'm allergic to dogs and cats, too. I was tested for allergies awhile ago but really should do it again. At least the doc said the allergy wasn't too bad. You should be ok!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. I love your new header to the blog! :-)