Monday, December 20, 2010

Bailey the Corgi - Winter Break

If Bailey had school, he'd be in winter break now. hahha. :) Anyways, I've taken some vacation from work this week, so of course Bailey was looking for some adventure this morning when I woke up. To our surprise, it was dry outside (mind you we've had rain for the last couple of days and the weatherman says there will be another couple of days of rain), so bailey and i thought the same thing.... DOG PARK TIME!!! I swear everytime we go anywhere i feel like I have a kid. Leash, travel crate, collar, treats, a towel, oh and some water for myself. It's quite a process. Bailey doesn't enjoying hopping in the car for some reason, so it takes a couple of minutes for me to lure him in the car (he doesn't get car sick or anything either). Hmm.. so we arrived at the park. It was nice, dry, and plenty of dogs were out because the whole city probably hadn't been to the park in the last week because of the rain. Bailey found some buddies to play with and i was only able to catch one of them on camera, and ummm Bailey was still a bit nervous until we got onto the sand dunes away from the other dogs, then he just about went back to his normal crazy self and rolled in the sand (its funny sometimes he will actually roll and roll down a sand hill,,,), and it was fun. Took some pics on the fancy cam, and well, came back home because we saw dark clouds coming in and we all know what that means!. We did have a minor scare again, Bailey saw a hound LIKE the one he is afraid of, and, he started running. This time, i just called him. he came close but not close enough for me to grab him so i pulled out his favorite cookies (Three Dog Bakery Lick n Crunch) ,  and he came close enough for me to leash him and he calmed down. Now, thats only because that WASN't the dog. I knew it wasn't.... now everytime i go to the dog park i have to scan for those two lil barkers. We were lucky this time, so Bailey had fun at the park. Woo... success!

 Bailey being a little poser

chasing buddies

rolling around on the sand dune

ruunning back to mom!! the cliff is dangerous!

looking at the storm clouds

being tired - goal accomplished!!!



On another note, we received our secret santa package today from Lilu Randall and her pawrents!!! :) Her lovely gift came with a cute little note .. about cute little Lilu telling Bailey she had a crush on him. She's 1 1/2 and Bailey is almost 3. I think thats close enough in age, eh?. LOL. :) Well that just about made Baileys christmas. lol. He loves the card and hopefully he will keep his paws off the present until Saturday morning.

Oh funny story - last night i had some of my dear friends from high school over for our annual Christmas dinner, and we were opening our presents, and well, Bailey decided hey let me open one too.... well he didnt ask his mom (me), and i didn;t realize it until i heard squeaking. so. Bailey snuck one in!! But I'm going to keep a close eye on the rest!!!!!!!!!

He managed to dissect 6/16 squeakers last night....

6 comments:

purplexllamas said...

ohh , you mustn't blame baileey! he was feeling unnoticed . and , i'm so glad bailey had finally got to go to the beach affter these long rainy days . (:

~ the cool nerd .

Kelly said...

That is the cutest wrapping I have ever seen! Can't wait to see what Kat got you :)

Nice photos of Bailey at the Dog beach as usual!!! :)

Paige, Dexter and Violet said...

The Santa hat and the one of him rolling in the sand kill. I'm laughing so hard, my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts.

betty said...

I love the picture of Bailey sitting in the sand; so cute! glad you guys got a chance to play outside! the rain hit our area so we've been home bound a bit.

Merry Christmas!

betty

Laurie said...

AMAZING photos! Seriously, Bailey is the best poser around! Haha. Sadie is such a brat and looks away when I get the camera out. I love the one of him rolling on the dune. And that first one of him at the beach is incredible!

Too funny he opened a present! (Sadie has that toy, btw haha.) Little stinker. He wanted to have some fun, too :)

Jenny said...

Haha, Bailey is so clever. Love the pics of him on the beach too. Such good shots!

Glad you got the dvd. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. We're still working on training Stanley. It's a work in sloooow progress, lol.