Monday, December 13, 2010

Confused Paws

Confused Paws. That's the name of Bailey's first art creation. I was painting something over the weekend and decided to get Bailey in on it. Bailey was being really sweet so I put two dining room chairs together like a bench, and we both sat there while I painted... then a thought came into my mind. like "hmmm since hes behaving so well perhaps..... ill lather paint on his paws and make some art!!". It wasn't too messy. I took some paint and painted them on his paws, pressed it against the canvas, and immediately wiped it off with baby wipes. He was good and didn't try to lick up any of the paint either. I think he was being very patient and obedient because .. I think to him, it felt like mud. He loves mud puddles, so perhaps he thought we were mud painting. Nevertheless, he created it all himself! :) And we think its PAWESOME! haha. Do you think we could turn this into a business? Bailey's kibble is only going to get more expensive... and we need some ideas!

Other than that, it was another quiet weekend for Bailey and I. I attended a funeral service for a really really close friend of mines who passed away unexpectedly, only 26 years old. Maybe Bailey was able to sense it. I'm not sure - but he was being extra sweet (resting his head on my lap, etc.). Things i noticed that he never does. I can't wait for some time off so I can take him out on a few adventures.

Have a safe and happy week everyone!

p.s. painting is very therapeutic!

5 comments:

Paige, Dexter and Violet said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Love the picture! I would try that with Dexter if I could trust him...

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Karen!!

betty said...

I'm sorry about your friend, Karen.

Loved Bailey's art; that was a cute idea to have him paint something!

betty

Laurie said...

I'm sorry about your friend :( *hugs*

Love Bailey's painting :)

purplexllamas said...

bailey , your painting is truly professional and quite artistic . i am very intrested in purchasing one , for any cost . please contact me when your price is finalized . thank you .

- the cool nerd .