Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Got myself a new camera...

Well! As an early present for myself, I purchased a new camera. The Nikon D3100. My first DSLR. I'm very happy about it. It shoots GREAT pictures indoor and in low light, and well its super fast and the pictures are very sharp! I'm still using auto mode and have the basic lens... but hope to learn how to use all the features in this camera so that I can take awesome-r pictures of Bailey, family and friends! I love taking pictures!!!

Here are some that I shot of Bailey this past weekend. They are not the original high resolution photos (with my internet speed that would take a very long time! All these pictures were taken in the evening indoors w/out flash!

Hi I'm Bailey and I'd like to attend your holiday party this year!

pant pant.. PAANTTTT (after chasing the ball)

Bailey was making growly noises and rolling all over one of his beds. It's so cute.

I sometimes play "peek a boo" with Bailey lol and i covered him in his towel and well, he came up from under it and i snapped a shot of his lovely self draped in a towel!

Hi mom -  didya ask for something? (he looks like a butler doesnt he?)

Now all I need is photoshop. Anyone have a copy they can send me that would be great!! ;)

9 comments:

Katie said...

hahaha! Love the bow tie pictures! Im looking to get a DSLR soon (I hope) :-) Have fun with the new camera, and cant wait to see more awesome pictures

Kelly said...

Yay for a new camera! Can't wait to see all your awesome pics!

Karen said...

love your pictures bailey is so handsome....it definitly difficult to talk pictures inside without a flash...maybe i should invest in a new camera as well.

i love when the boys make noises and roll around :)

betty said...

pictures looked so cute, Karen! I love Bailey in his bowtie! wish I was having a dinner party to invite him to! I hope you enjoy your new camera, looks like a great one

(I saw the pictures on the right side of your blog, I'm sorry about your aunt's passing, she looked very young, my sympathies to all in your family)

betty

Karen and Bailey said...

thanks everyone! we will have fun with the camera.

betty - thank you. she was acutally a really close friend from middle school, i always had bailey address her as auntie viv :) we miss her a lot.

Anonymous said...

Try using Gimp, its free and can do all the same things.
Ali

Laurie said...

Yay! I have the D3000, and love it! Can't wait to see all your pics! These are great ;)

Jenny said...

Haha, LOVE the last pic!

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Oh Bailey, you are just super cute in that bow tie! Kisses and tummy rubs to you.