Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bailey the corgi

When I finally decided on the puppy I’d choose from the litter, I had to decide on a name. At the time, I did not know that Bailey’s mom name was Bailey, nor did I know that his grandma’s name was Bailey too (it was the funniest thing when I found out from the breeder). I do not remember exactly how I decided on the name Bailey, except I knew that I liked the name, and didn't do much research after. The breeder was a very nice lady who sent pictures of bailey each week as he got bigger (see pictures below at 3 weeks).


Anyways, I decided that when Bailey was 5 weeks old, that I’d make a trip up to see how he was doing. Mind you, it’s about a 3 hour drive on the most boring stretch of highway 5 in northern California, but I didn’t care. I was so excited to see what would eventually be my bailey bear.  On this trip, I brought Lumpia’s owner Kristina with me for support. The ride there was exciting, the ride back.. not so much. The visit lasted about an hour and I asked her a bunch of questions and took a bunch of pictures, and we waved goodbye and set a date of March 15, 2008 as the day I would take him home.


No comments: